Whether you want to unwind or really get the blood pumping, you will find plenty in the area to keep you outdoors!
There are constructed tracks at Eastridge, near Pontsbury (45 mins); Nant yr Arian (1 hr 30 mins); Llandegla (30 minutes); and Coed y Brenin (1 hr 15 mins).
Easy-to-reach local sites include Llanymynech (behind the farm), Nesscliffe, Pontsbury, Glyn Ceriog and Wenlock Edge. Nearby Wrexham offers an indoor climbing wall.
Canoeing & kayaking
- Canal (runs through the village but dry in some places), with canoe rental at Maesbury Marsh and on road to Newtown
- River Severn – easy access points within 8 miles
- River Vyrnwy – a number of local access points
- Llangollen – white-water kayaking (30 mins)
- National White Water Centre, Bala (approx 50 mins)
There is excellent caving in the limestone on Llanymynech Rocks (behind the farm).
There are numerous fishing ponds, including in Morda and Ceiriog Valley (each within 30 mins).
The Penycoed stables are located in Pant.
There are a number of courses, including the cross-border one on Llanymynech Rocks (behind the farm).